After more or less 10 years, I've decided to reduce laptop usage and assemble a nice Desktop computer.
It will mostly run GNU/Linux, even if I'm still unsure about the distribution. I think I will try with Manjaro as it is updated quite often. With more than 20 years of experience with GNU/Linux, I don't think I'll have problems.
This is the list of the hardware I ordered:
- Monitor is a LG 24" 4K
- Case is a Cooler Master N300 Not a fancy one. I don't need colours here.
- Power Adapter is a Be Quiet! B8
- Motherboard is a Gigabyte Z370P D3
- CPU is a Intel i5 8400 (8th generation)
- Ram is a Crucial CT2K8G4DFS824A 16 GB Single Rank
- Storage is a SSD Samsung 860 EVO M.2 500 GB
All this for more or less 850 Euros. I'don't need a powerful graphic board as I'm going to use it for my "office" use, VMs, etc. and I'm not going to play with it.
Everything should be compatible with the latest GNU/Linux distributions and I'm going to install it as soon as it'll be collected.